It shall be unlawful for any person granted a temporary permit by the City of Abilene, Kansas, to sell or serve any cereal malt beverage authorized by such permit within the city without first obtaining a local temporary permit from the City Clerk. It shall be unlawful for any person licensed by the State of Kansas as a caterer to sell alcoholic liquor by the drink, to sell or serve any liquor by the drink within the city without obtaining a city caterers license from the City Clerk.

(Ord. 3142)

The temporary permit fee for each person or group holding a temporary permit issued by the City Clerk shall be twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per day, which fee shall be paid before the event is begun.

(Ord. 3142)

All applications for temporary permits shall be submitted to the City Clerk not less than five (5) days prior to the event. The application for the temporary permit shall clearly state:

(a)   The name of the applicant

(b)   The group for which the event is planned

(c)   The location of the event

(d)   The date and time of the event

(e)   Any anticipated need for police, fire or other municipal services

Upon presentation of the application and payment of the city license fee, the City Clerk shall issue a city permit for the period covered in the application, if there are no conflicts with any zoning or cereal malt beverage Ordinances of the city. No permit fee shall be refunded for any reason.

(Ord. 3142)

The City Clerk shall notify the Police Chief of the issuance of a temporary permit by forwarding a copy of the permit and application to the Police Chief.

(Ord. 3142)

It shall be the duty of every licensee to observe the following regulations:

(a)   Every temporary permit holder shall cause the temporary permit receipt to be placed in plain view on any premises within the city where the holder of the temporary permit is serving alcoholic liquor

(b)   No temporary permit holder shall allow the serving of alcohol between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. or consumed between the hours of 12:00 midnight and 6:00 a.m. at any event for which temporary permit has been issued.

(c)   No alcohol shall be given, sold or traded to any person under twenty-one (21) years of age.

(Ord. 3142)

If a licensee has violated any of the provisions of this article, the governing Body or the Police Chief may revoke the temporary permit. In addition, the person holding the temporary permit may be charged in Municipal Court with a violation of the alcohol laws of the city and upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00), or by imprisonment in jail for not more than thirty (30) days, or both such fine and imprisonment.

(Ord. 3142)